Whoever said that “there’s no such thing as bad publicity” was probably never involved in politics. This brings us to the last of the 4 p’s of Podcasting which is promotion. Even the large media outlets like the Television Networks, Newspapers, Radio Shows and all others understand the importance of promotion. You can promote your podcast or new new media for relatively low costs, it just requires more of your time which of course is the most costly. Here are some practices I use:
- Distribute posters or flyers in areas where your target audience frequents
- Comment in other online forums specific to the audience or topic of my podcast or new media
- Public speaking to a group specific to the topic who could benefit from the content
- Write articles in blogs or comment in other blogs relative to the topic or industry
- Hand out business card with your printed website or podcast directory listing (itunes, podcast alley, yahoo, etc.)
- Promote your media in current content your producing. (Promote a show in a show)
These are just a few ideas, you may want to read the book “Promoting Your Podcast” by Jason Van Orden. His principles in promotion and marketing are not only effective and time tested but affordable.
One last thought, don’t wait to promote your podcast or new media after it’s been published. People love suspense and early promotion is a good vehicle for that.
BOLD CITY MEDIA
Dedicated to providing business solutions in social media in Jacksonville Florida